WinNMP - Nginx MariaDB Redis Php development stack for Windows
A lightweight, fast and stable server stack for developing php mysql applications on windows, based on the excellent webserver Nginx. A lighter alternative to XAMPP and WAMP, with Composer, Adminer, LetsEncrypt certificates, WinSCP, multiple PHP versions, projects and virtual servers.
Download WinNMP Installer -
Latest Release 17.12 (updated )
Current Package contains:
- Nginx 1.13.7 web server
- MariaDB 10.2.11 database server, mysql 5.5.5 replacement (32/64bit)
- Redis 3.2 Cache/NoSql, memcached alternative (64bit)
- Php 5.6.32 & PHP 7.0.26 & PHP 7.2.0 scripting language (32/64bit)
- XDebug, GeoIP, Gender PHP Extensions
- WinSCP SFTP client
- HTTPS using free LetsEncrypt certificates
- Composer dependency manager for php
- Adminer web based database manager
- Reg.php regular expressions tester
- WinNMP Manager (32/64bit), formerly known as wt-nmp
- Easy to upgrade! Backups, configuration files, database data, included libraries and projects are persistent during upgrades (not overwritten)
- A single installer for both x86 and x64 systems, with 32bit and 64bit versions of MariaDB, PHP and WinNMP Manager
- Lightning-fast web server. Optimized for best performance
- Command line tools: mysql client, php console, composer, acmePhp, putty
- PORTABLE: you can move it to a different location, configuration files are updated automatically
- For easy access, all configuration files are stored in one place: WinNMP\conf and all log files are stored in one folder: WinNMP\log
- Multiple PHP Versions and version switcher. Dynamic number of php-cgi processes
- The server manager runs minimized in the system tray and monitors, logs and restarts crashed servers, just like php-fpm on Linux
- Project setup, Local Virtual Servers for projects, Upload, Sync and Browse with WinSCP
- Optional database daily backups can be enabled with --backup. Up to 7 backup files will be created per database per weekday
Installing & Upgrading:
- Download the latest installer. The installer produces a portable folder.
- Choose any installation folder you want or the previous install location.
- Other PHP versions are available as extra packages
WinNMP Manager command line arguments:
D:/Work/bin/WinNMP.exe --debug --backup --phpCgiServers=2
- -d --debug Display debug messages
- -e --editor="notepad.exe" Path to editor to be used to edit configuration files
- -s --startServers Starts all the servers in background and minimizes to systray
- -k --killAll Kills all running servers and exits
- -b --backup Forces automatic daily backups
- -l --latestPhp Forces the use of the latest PHP version
- -p=n --phpCgiServers=n Forces the number of PHP-CGI Servers, between 1 and 99
- -j --hideProjects Hides Projects list at startup
- -n --noUpdates Disables weekly Update checks
- -w --wwwDir="c:\Dir" Custom WWW folder path for projects
WinNMP is portable, but it is better if you run the installer once on each new machine:
- The installer fixes some windows networking issues that will make Nginx super fast and also allows faster connections to the Mysql server. Also installs Visual C++ Redistributable required by PHP
- The installer registers php, mysql and composer executables to PATH. If you move WinNMP, those executables won`t be available globally anymore.
- So, if you need to copy/clone WinNMP to a new machine, you should run the installer once, then overwrite the folder with the cloned folder
- WinNMP was previously known as WTServer (for 2 years) and WT-NMP for (3 years).
- Nginx: One of the reasons Nginx is so fast, it`s because it does not process .htaccess files. Therefore URL Rewriting and User Access must be set in nginx.conf.
- MariaDb: If it refuses to start and in log\mysql.log you find [ERROR] Table 'mysql.user' doesn't exist , then run
c:\WinNMP\bin\MySql\bin\mysql_install_db -d c:\WinNMP\datain order to recreate the table
- Redis is available only on 64bit systems
- PHP is configured in a very restrictive way, like on most hosting providers. Comment out
open_basedirin conf/php.ini, if you need a more permissive PHP configuration.
- PHP Extensions: most of them are disabled by default, enable them in conf/php.ini (see src/defaults/php.ini for opcache, xdebug, xcache)
- PHP MySql extension is disabled by default and is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. If you really want to enable mysql extension, add or uncomment in conf/php.ini:
extension = php_mysql.dll
- PHP: Starting only one PHP-CGI server with WinNMP.exe --phpCgiServers=1 will result in slow ajax requests since Nginx will not be able to process PHP scripts simultaneous.